- SKU : 908
- Cartridge : .45-70 Government +P
- Bullet Brand : Lehigh Defense™
- Bullet Weight (gr) : 325
- Bullet Construction : Solid Monolithic
- Bullet Model : Xtreme Hunter
- Bullet Material : Copper
- Case Type : Nickel Plated Brass
- Supressor Safe : Yes
- Ballistic Coefficient (G1) : 0.230
- Muzzle Energy (ft. lbs) : 3,736
- Muzzle Velocity (fps) : 2,275
- Sectional Density : 0.220
The optimum hunting round has arrived. The Xtreme Hunter (XH) was born from the incredibly popular Xtreme Defender product line. Like the XD, the Xtreme Hunter (XH) ammunition has an optimized nose flute. The difference is that weight and attained velocity have been optimized to achieve maximum penetration depth with a permanent wound cavity (PWC) that is just simply enormous. No expanding hollow point comes close to achieving anywhere near the diameter and volume of wound channel achieved by the Xtreme Hunter. Not only is the PWC over 100% larger than any other expanding bullet, terminal performance is achieved despite being shot through barriers. The solid copper body ensures that thick hide, bone, and any other barrier will have minimal effect on the Permanent Wound Channel.
Nickel-plated casings, our nickel plating process provides several key benefits, not limited to but including; improved feeding in all actions of firearms enhanced corrosion resistance over traditional brass, improved cosmetics, and ease of cleanup during reloading. Nickel-plated casings will not tarnish like brass during storage or when in contact with foreign materials such as leather, moisture, and other metals.
As with all of Underwood Ammo™ rounds, we utilize flash suppressed powder so that your vision will not be compromised if it becomes necessary to use your firearm in low light.
- This ammo is for cartridge size .45-70 Government +P.
- The bullet is made from Copper.
- The diameter (caliber) of this bullet is 0.458.
- This bullet weighs 325 grains.
- This bullet leaves the barrel at 2275 feet per second.
- The ammo case is made from Nickel Plated Brass.
- This ammo is a proven round for hunting.
- The bullet in this product does NOT contain lead.
- This round is designed to be supersonic and travels faster than the speed of sound.
- The muzzle energy of this ammo is 3736 ft lbs.
- This product has been designed to be an effective choice for the ultimate in self-defense applications.
- The bullet in this product has a Sectional Density, (SD) of 0.221337176200737. SD is the ratio of an object's mass to its cross sectional area with respect to a given axis. It conveys how well an object's mass is distributed (by its shape) to overcome resistance along that axis.
- This ammo IS SAFE to use in a suppressor.
- The bullet in this ammo has a ballistic coefficient (G1) of 0.23 - Generally, the higher the coefficient, the more stable the projectile will be in flight.
- Each box of ammo contains 20 loaded pieces of ammunition.
- This ammo is manufactured by Underwood Ammo
Determined at checkout.