black bears, the hard cast flat nose bullets are consistently effective in taking down any wild animals that you may encounter. In contrast to the round nose non-expanding bullets, the flat nose bullets are able to pierce through dense bodies of mass while maintaining their nose forward position, which is optimal for maximum penetration.
Nickel-plated casings, our nickel plating process provides several key benefits, not limited to but including; improved feeding in all actions of firearms enhanced corrosion resistance over traditional brass, improved cosmetics, and ease of cleanup during reloading. Nickel-plated casings will not tarnish like brass during storage or when in contact with foreign materials such as leather, moisture, and other metals.
As with all of Underwood Ammo™ rounds, we utilize flash suppressed powder so that your vision will not be compromised if it becomes necessary to use your firearm in low light.
- This ammo is for cartridge size .38 Special +P.
- The bullet is made from Lead.
- The diameter (caliber) of this bullet is 0.357.
- This bullet weighs 158 grains.
- This bullet leaves the barrel at 1250 feet per second.
- The ammo case is made from Nickel Plated Brass.
- This ammo is a proven round for hunting.
- The bullet in this product does contain lead.
- This round is designed to be supersonic and travels faster than the speed of sound.
- The muzzle energy of this ammo is 548 ft lbs.
- This product has been designed to be an effective choice for the ultimate in self-defense applications.
- The bullet in this product has a Sectional Density, (SD) of 0.177101652986124. SD is the ratio of an object's mass to its cross sectional area with respect to a given axis. It conveys how well an object's mass is distributed (by its shape) to overcome resistance along that axis.
- This ammo IS SAFE to use in a suppressor.
- The bullet in this ammo has a ballistic coefficient (G1) of - Generally, the higher the coefficient, the more stable the projectile will be in flight.
- Each box of ammo contains 20 loaded pieces of ammunition.
- This ammo is manufactured by Underwood Ammo
- SKU : 734
- Cartridge : .38 Special +P
- Bullet Brand : Underwood Ammo™
- Bullet Weight (gr) : 158
- Bullet Construction : Hi-Tek Coated Hard Cast
- Bullet Model : Keith
- Bullet Material : Lead
- Brinell Hardness : 21
- Case Type : Nickel Plated Brass
- Supressor Safe : Yes
- Muzzle Energy (ft. lbs) : 548
- Muzzle Velocity (fps) : 1,250
- Sectional Density : 0.180
Determined at checkout.